How We Work With You
We begin our work with clients wherever they are in their “innovation journey” and jointly determine and prioritize next steps. Typical starting points include:
- Identifying “white space” opportunities to expand a business or brand
- Idea management; assistance in evaluating the potential of candidate innovation concepts for successful commercialization
- Testing new product features/benefits combinations
- Help in bringing a new product/service to marketing – branding, packaging, messaging, pricing, channel management, etc.
- Internal system/process/business model innovation
- Building a more effective innovation culture
- Market forecasting
- Training and coaching innovation leaders and teams
- Measuring and managing company-wide innovation performance
- Aligning innovation efforts with corporate strategic direction
- Address a specific brand performance issue
- Align brand with corporate strategy
- Build a brand performance measurement system
- Evaluate innovation ROI
- Our culture is ‘broken’; verbal wars, poor collaboration and knowledge hoarding are rampant. How can we build a more effective innovation culture?
- We need better ideas.
- We have a bazillion ideas. but few seem to be very useful for driving the business.
- Our line of sight into customer needs is not strong enough.
- Most of our new product efforts are aimed at the next 12-18 months, but how do we address the longer-term issues and opportunities facing us?
- We don’t know how to harness all the good ideas we have, and many probably get lost in the shuffle.
- Our executives give lip service to innovation, but they are not committed to it over the long term.
- I have no idea what our innovation strategy is; we do some ideation programs, but they seem very random and ad-hoc.
- We want to identify new technologies and new product opportunities in the marketplace.
- We want to identify new opportunities to help us achieve our growth agenda.
- We are moving too slowly – how can we accelerate the ROI of our innovation efforts.